Getaround is growing fast and so is its legal team. We’re seeking an experienced and highly motivated lawyer to join our legal department as Associate General Counsel working on a variety of innovative legal issues across the entire company. The role requires leadership, strategic vision, high self-motivation, a willingness to dive into technical details, and smart risk assessment in an extremely fast paced and exhilarating environment. Responsibilities will include working across Getaround’s functional teams, managing the legal responsibilities for our strategic partnerships, M&A activities and financings, and managing our external counsel as appropriate. Based in San Francisco, this senior lawyer will report to our General Counsel.
Our legal work is cutting edge and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and excellent at building strong relationships.
What you’ll need:
- Licensed to practice law in the State of California
- 8+ years of experience focused on corporate, commercial and intellectual property law, with experience in a corporate legal department a plus
- 5+ years in a major law firm’s technology startup group, including managing a team
- Demonstrated experience negotiating complex commercial transactions
- Ability to thrive in a demanding, dynamic environment of consistent rapid growth,
- Innate curiosity, desire and ability to learn rapidly, resiliency and comfort serving as trusted business partner
- Creative, with ability to solve complex problems while balancing legal risks with business needs
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics, as well as the ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities, leadership, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence of people at all levels
- Adept at thinking creatively and strategically on your feet; proven ability to manage complex workloads, multiple stakeholder demands and ever-shifting priorities all while instilling confidence
- Experience learning new areas of law and regulation in a variety of jurisdictions
- Experience developing approaches to legal challenges while providing legal advice
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally occasionally, and domestically more frequently
- Sense of humor, positive attitude, and a willingness to dive into new areas
- The best candidates have a proven track record of negotiating positive outcomes for clients, working autonomously and leading others in a team, and owning their own process and outcomes
At Getaround, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no matter your race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, your perspective has value.
Come join us in continuing to make Getaround a great place to work!