What you’ll be doing…
Join our team. Verizon is seeking an experienced attorney to provide support and counseling for Verizon’s Business Products and Marketing organization, with an emphasis on Managed Network and Advanced Communications Services. Verizon delivers the promise of the digital world. Our superior networks give us a competitive edge in delivering the digital experiences that are vital to customers’ lives and business success. This is a unique position that allows you to work in a global business that is at the juncture of Telecommunications and Information Technology. The successful candidate will review new products and feature enhancements for compliance with applicable regulations and industry standards. Specifically, you will review inputs and approvals from internal stakeholders and SMEs (including but not limited to product managers, audit, IT, privacy, operational assurance, etc.), support negotiations with strategic partners, advise on go-to-market and demand generation activities, draft contract templates, support customer negotiations and monitor launched products for on-going product compliance.
The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of legal issues related to communications, privacy, open source, data security, encryption requirements, and third-party licensing.
- Conduct thorough legal review of new products and enhancements to existing products.
- Manage SME inputs and issue final legal approvals for products and feature enhancements.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise clients on commercial arrangements with strategic partners.
- Draft contract templates and advise on compliance and marketing matters, as needed.
- Participate and counsel clients through all stages of the product lifecycle (design, review, approve, go-to-market, and decommissioning)
- Stay knowledgeable of, and communicate business impacting regulatory changes.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counseling to business products clients.
- Coordinate with internal security, IT, audit, product, privacy, and other stakeholders as needed to remediate any deficiencies to support timely product launches and ongoing product compliance.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership of at least one state.
- Six or more years of recent legal practice experience with a corporate legal department or law firm, preferably supporting IT, Advanced Communications, Cyber security or new technology products and services.
Even better if you have:
- Knowledge of data privacy laws, security compliance requirements, relevant industry standards, such as HIPAA, PCI, and FISMA are preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced deliverable driven environment managing multiple executive visibility obligations under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and communicate legal requirements without losing focus of client objectives.
- Strong with Microsoft Office and Google G Suite products.
- Ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.