At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Wells Fargo & Company is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Commercial Card and Merchant Services group within the Structured Products and Commercial Services section of the Legal Department. The individual selected will join a growing team of legal professionals responsible for providing legal support to the Commercial Card business line. Primary responsibilities will involve coordinating and communicating across cross-disciplinary teams of attorneys, risk and compliance partners, and line of business clients on multiple high-level projects and initiatives. The team member will also be responsible for providing advice and guidance on various federal and state regulations and laws impacting the Commercial Card group, as well as analyzing and corresponding policies, standards, and procedures. The individual shall be recognized, both within the company and among the general legal profession, as an expert in complex areas of the law, but also having demonstrated the ability to successfully address highly-significant matters across multiple business lines and practice groups.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with credit card issuing
- Experience with credit card network rules and regulations
- Experience with corporate process, federal and/or state licensing or issuing rules and regulations
- Experience developing and executing appropriate solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside of the legal department
- Ability to motivate, communicate, delegate and enable confidence in others
- Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
- Legal project management experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
MN-Minneapolis: 90 S 7th St – Minneapolis, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St – Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.