Support the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in all legal and regulatory matters, including general corporate, corporate governance, SEC filings, acquisitions, commercial contracts, employment arrangements, intellectual property and litigation management for the Company and its subsidiaries.
Marchex’s in-house counsel team provides critical legal input which helps the Company navigate its toughest challenges successfully and allows the Company and its customers to achieve desired business objectives.
As a key member of our small, highly efficient, legal team you will wear a number of hats. In-house lawyers draft and negotiate agreements, assist with deals and transactions, handle the Company’s various quarterly and annual SEC filings, support sales and marketing initiatives, protect and enhance the Company’s intellectual property and handle the Company’s general day to day legal matters.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently and with the legal team to provide creative, practical and effective answers to a fast-paced, innovative organization.
- Assist with corporate governance, including corporate and SEC filings.
- Review, draft and work closely with operational teams to negotiate commercial contracts.
- Negotiate directly with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes.
- Assist with acquisitions, including due diligence.
- Assist in the management of litigation, including handling subpoenas.
- Assist with development and documentation of employment agreements.
- Assist with the management of the Company’s IP portfolio.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational legal policies.
- Conduct legal training for business teams as needed.
- Remain informed with respect to changes in the legal environment affecting the Company and its businesses.
- Support the guiding principles and vision of the Company and the team through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various Company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- JD and membership in one state bar required.
- 2-4 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Experience working in a goal-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams.
- Ability to balance multiple task simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Exceptional negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical research and documentation writing skills.