Ripple is seeking to hire a talented and self-motivated corporate lawyer with at least ten years of experience to join Ripple’s Legal Team. In this role, you will support the company’s business and finance teams on strategic transactions and investments across the payments, financial technology, blockchain and cryptocurrency spaces. You will be an integral part of our growing and agile legal team. In addition to supporting the business’s transaction and strategic pipeline, you will provide legal expertise on a wide range of corporate governance and other general matters. This position will report to Ripple’s Deputy General Counsel.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the company’s business development, finance, corporate development and Xpring teams in a variety of strategic transactions and investments, from drafting and reviewing term sheets, managing deal processes, performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation and providing overall legal counsel.
- Create legal standards and processes for the company’s deal pipeline.
- Manage and budget for external advisors engaged on such projects.
- Assist with corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and strong academic credentials.
- 10+ years practicing as a corporate attorney at a big law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Strong experience through all stages of mergers and acquisitions and financings.
- Experience representing technology and/or start up companies on general corporate matters.
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively.
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!