Are you searching for an opportunity to take your career to the next level with a growing global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. As the Trade Compliance Counsel Director, you will provide hands-on counsel on a broad range of U.S. and international export, import, trade law compliance and government compliance matters. You will also investigate and resolve compliance issues, ensuring our operations continue to run smoothly. Become a part of our dynamic team and we’ll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Enhance trade compliance by developing key global policies, procedures, controls, communications strategies and employee training
- Provide legal support to colleagues on global trade-related litigation, compliance investigations and voluntary disclosures
- Support oversight of periodic assessments and audits to guarantee compliance with applicable global trade laws and company policies
- Prepare required summaries and work with various business units to resolve compliance matters, as well as government filings when necessary
- Advise on complex legal regulatory questions, identify common and conflicting legal issues across the company and contribute to high-level policy decision-making
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Juris Doctorate degree from a nationally accredited law school
- 5 years of legal experience in export law and economic sanctions, as well as providing legal counsel on global trade compliance issues
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally
It’d be great if you also have:
- In-house experience in logistics or global supply chain
- Strong fluency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as various research and legal databases
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Effective organizational and leadership skills; use a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes or cultures
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large volumes of information from multiple sources, as well as the ability to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization
- High degree of motivation with the capacity to work with minimal supervision, while building effective and collaborative work relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and time demands with a high level of urgency, personal integrity, energy and stamina