Kraken is one of the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world and we’re growing faster than ever. We’re looking for people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers, we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
Learn more about us:
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America
- Own Kraken’s regulatory strategy across all relevant markets – Europe, North America, Asia, etc.
- Work with Kraken leadership to define optimal regulatory approach in each respective geography
- Drive process to establish appropriate registrations and attain licenses where needed
- Manage all inbound and outbound interactions with government regulators, e.g. United States: SEC, CFTC, OCC, State Finance Departments, etc., Europe: EBA, ESMA, FCA, etc.
- Engage with advocacy groups and actively monitor the financial regulatory environment to stay abreast of emerging regulatory developments
- Work with compliance team to ensure compliance program aligns with all necessary regulations
- Manage all legal matters involving customers, partners, and other third parties as they relate to the company’s regulatory status
- JD and active member of the Bar Association
- 10+ years of legal / regulatory experience working within a relevant industry – Cryptocurrency, Financial Markets (Equities, Futures/Options, FX, etc.), Fintech, Banking, Payments, etc.
- Strong knowledge of international financial regulations (particularly US and Europe) in areas relevant to cryptocurrency
- Demonstrated expertise in financial regulatory registration/licensure process
- Well-versed in consumer protection and AML regulations and compliance
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to regulators and other outside groups
- Technical background and/or expertise in understanding new technologies and their implications
Check out all our open roles at https: jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.