Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
A senior lawyer who is a highly qualified attorney handling complex electric and gas utility regulatory issues, legal matters and projects on behalf of the Company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs as a specialist in state electric and gas utility regulatory and administrative law, primarily in Delaware, provides technical and expert legal services to Exelon Business Units and has strong comprehension of the electric and gas utility businesses.
- Under minimal supervision, plans, conducts and supervises complex legal assignments, requiring an ability to evaluate matters that may have a major bearing on conducting the Company’s business; evaluates legal and business risks and advises clients accordingly
- Interprets and applies organization policy according to law
- Represents Exelon in agency proceedings and/or relevant litigation
- Prepares, and revises as necessary, budgets and early matter assessments for all matters involving outside counsel
- Projects / duties as assigned
- Provides lead direction and/or project leadership direction to less experienced attorneys and support staff
- An LLB or JD from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the relevant jurisdictions, or with the ability to be admitted to practice in those jurisdictions in a minimal period of time
- Admitted to practice in Delaware
- At least 7 years of professional experience in a specialized area of law
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of the legal field to the completion of complex assignments
- Knowledge and experience in utility regulatory issues
- Requires excellent legal research, analytical abilities and on ongoing knowledge of federal or state law
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly – both orally and in writing; to read and analyze legal materials and other data; to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines
At least 7 years of legal experience in State regulatory electric utility matters and practice before a state public service commission
- Supports more senior attorneys in the ongoing management of relationships and matters with Exelon Operating Companies/Business Units and outside counsel
- Demonstrates superior legal judgment in the business context
- Demonstrates innovation; generates new ideas and devises original and successful solutions, programs or actions