- Provides legal services and resolves legal matters for assigned responsibilities or clients;
- Supports the research divisions in the execution of crucial global innovation strategies;
- Understands essential medical, scientific, and legal characteristics of clinical development and applies expertise to complex issues of commercial contract law, regulatory issues, and dispute resolution;
- Understands and applies general subject matter expertise in related areas of intellectual property, healthcare compliance and privacy;
- Is flexible in applying subject matter expertise on a global basis and coordinating solutions with clients and local attorneys in other countries;
- Monitors domestic and global legal and regulatory developments applicable to clinical development and legal practice;
- Prepares and delivers training to global client constituencies;
- Negotiates legal terms and conditions of various research agreements, services agreements, and other contracts;
- Assists more experienced attorneys in resolving legal issues on cross-functional projects;
- Coordinates analysis and advice with key functional and legal departments, including Abbott Quality & Regulatory, Risk Management, Procurement, Office of Ethics and Compliance, Patent & Trademarks, Litigation, and Privacy.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school, strong academic background, admitted to a US state bar in good standing, and have, or be able to obtain, appropriate licensure to practice law as corporate counsel
- 3+ years of experience practicing in the area of intellectual property, healthcare compliance and privacy.
- 3+ years of experience practicing in the area of commercial contract law, regulatory issues, and dispute resolution
- Ability to handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment and exercise sound commercial and legal judgment.
- In addition to top-notch legal skills and a strong ethical center, excellent interpersonal, strategic thinking, communication and organizational skills.
Operations & Business Support
GENC General Counsel
United States > Abbott Park : AP06A Floor-1
Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http: webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http: webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf