LG – Legal, Regulatory & Gov’t Affairs
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
National Union Fire Insurance Co of Pittsburgh, PA
Your future team
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG Staff Counsel and Coverage Counsel department.
Your contribution at AIG
As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a “go-to” source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As an experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
AIG Staff Counsel has an opportunity for a Workers Compensation Trial Attorney to cover the Anaheim, Long Beach, Pomona, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Santa Ana W.C. Boards.
This position is located in Santa Ana, CA and reports to the Staff Counsel Managing Attorney for California Workers Compensation.
Key responsibilities for this position includes:
• Litigation of compensation files from inception to resolution
• Handling all aspects and phases of the file, including investigation, discovery, pleadings, evaluation, hearings, motions and trial.
• Compliance with AIG Litigation and management guidelines, to include communication with claims, AIG insureds, attorneys and the Boards
• Interact regularly with the local WC boards.
What we are looking for
• 5+years WC experience
• Must have a Juris Doctorate degree
• California Bar Membership in good standing is required
• Familiarity with various Boards, their procedures and their personnel.
• Excellent computer skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft word/outlook
• Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability and facilities to work independently.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.