The Office of General Counsel is seeking a Global Trade Attorney or Sr. Attorney reporting directly to the Corporate Global Trade Sr. Counsel for Raytheon Company. Graduate of a top law school with at least 2 years of relevant export (ITAR and EAR) experience.
Position involves full range of global trade activities, but will primarily involve legal advice as it relates to the Company’s global trade compliance program thus trade compliance experience is required. The candidate will help support the Company’s global efforts so that it adheres to all applicable trade regulations. The candidate will undertake a wide range of responsibilities, primarily interpretation and application of U.S. export, sanctions, and ATF laws and business counseling regarding global trade issues.
- Juris Doctorate degree and minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Member in good standing of a state bar.
- In-house experience in export, sanctions, and/or ATF compliance and experience in the analysis, interpretation and application of export control laws and regulations.
- Direct knowledge of U.S. export regulations including experience in their business application.
- Understanding of the relationships between DDTC, BIS, ATF, and other government agencies responsible for export control laws and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft submissions to the U. S. Government (a writing sample will be requested).
- Well organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound judgment with a strong team orientation.
- Integrity, leadership, analytical, and motivational skills; and will be a team player. She or he will be proactive, a decision-maker, and a problem solver who drives matters to timely conclusions.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise.
- Familiarity with work in a global context including comprehension and application of U.S. trade regulations for non-U.S. transactions will be part of the candidate’s responsibility.
- Ability to travel.
- Experience with business transactions and presenting recommendations to solve business challenges.
- Experience working for a multinational company or representation of a multinational company.
- Experience practicing in a law firm.
- ATF registration, licensing, and/or audit experience.
- Experience in supporting export compliance due diligence for mergers, acquisitions and/or divestitures.
- Experience preparing or reviewing of export authorizations, advisory opinions, commodity and jurisdiction requests, and voluntary disclosures.
- Eligible for national security clearance.
- Provide enterprise-consistent regulatory interpretations and guidance on global trade related matters.
- Counsel legal and operational personnel on business legal advice at the enterprise level.
- Conduct and/or manage mergers and acquisitions (M&A) global trade due diligence in close coordination with business unit executives and counsel.
- Provide legal and subject matter expertise on enterprise level policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participate in governmental advisory groups and industry benchmarking groups to increase Raytheon’s external profile in global trade compliance community.
- Draft advisory opinion requests and commodity jurisdiction requests.
- Draft public comments in response to USG proposed regulatory and policy changes that impact Raytheon.
- Prepare and file various annual and semi-annual regulatory reports required under the ITAR & EAR.
- Provide legal and policy guidance to the enterprise-wide ATF compliance team.
- Contribute to the maintenance of Raytheon’s DDTC registration including material changes throughout the year and the annual renewal process.
- Monitor and coordinate notifications to stakeholders on relevant regulatory changes/updates.
- Other duties as required.
Position is located in Rosslyn (Arlington), VA.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143388