We are seeking a new Legal Counsel to provide sound legal and business advice concerning Dwolla’s commercial operations, product development, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
Our Legal Counsel will have a special focus on supporting Dwolla’s customer facing teams, providing guidance on a wide range of marketing materials and partnering with customer account managers to provide timely and solutions-oriented guidance for our customers. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Provide timely legal and business guidance across all teams, including Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, Compliance, Finance, and HR.
- Provide guidance regarding Dwolla requirements throughout customer onboarding process and lifecycle, develop customer onboarding reference materials and/or playbooks, implement scalable processes, and provide training to internal clients on same.
- Provide legal support for digital marketing, advertising, and content production with a focus on consumer protection, implement scalable marketing review processes, and provide training to internal clients on same.
- Work closely with Risk & Compliance team to develop and implement risk and compliance processes throughout the commercial risk review lifecycle.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Develop contract templates, contracting guidelines, and scalable contract processes. Provide training to internal clients on same.
- Monitor and drive compliance with Dwolla’s company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Create and deliver ongoing legal and compliance training to internal teams.
- Perform legal research and remain up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations.
- Help drive Legal team initiatives, including launching and maturing internal processes.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- JD admitted to practice in Iowa, or eligible to be admitted without examination under Rule 31.12 or to register as Iowa House Counsel under Rule 31.16.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Significant experience with contract drafting, review, and negotiation is required.
- Ideal candidate will have significant experience assisting clients to navigate regulatory issues, substantive knowledge of laws and issues related to consumer protection, and experience with SaaS contracts.
- Prior experience in the following industries is very desirable: payments, financial services, and/or e-commerce.
- Expertise in IP, corporate, and/or employment law a plus.
Perks to working at Dwolla:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid parking or public transportation stipend
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Casual dress- Dwolla swag is a good thing!