We are looking for an experienced attorney to support our growing team. Corporate Counsel will have at least 5 years experience (in-house experience in a tech company/startup experience strongly preferred). The ideal candidate has a passion for negotiation, driving efficiencies and enjoys working in a dynamic, collegial, innovative environment. This role requires a dedicated and detail-oriented individual with a track record of excellent communication, exceeding client expectations and fostering relationships across functions and levels. The ideal candidate enjoys taking the helm on evolving contract-related processes, creating business efficiencies and fostering collaboration to propel the business forward while protecting the company’s interest.
This role will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for providing day to day advice to the business on a broad range of product, commercial, technology, privacy/security and regulatory matters. This attorney will be responsible for handling a broad range of legal matters, with a focus on contract negotiation and drafting, licensing, product counseling, intellectual property issues, privacy and security and other issues related to data/content management. This role will also be a key part of a growing legal department and company must be willing to assist in new areas as our growing business may require and have an interest in setting up structural solutions that allow clients to move quickly.
- Significant experience with enterprise/SaaS contracts, negotiation, licensing, intellectual property, open source technology, privacy and security, and commercial agreements
- Experience supporting in-house teams with enterprise/Saas agreements strongly preferred
- Experience scaling organizations and creating/implementing tools, practices, policies which help drive efficiency and business results
- Willingness to take on additional practice areas, as/if needed, to support our rapidly growing business
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and meticulous practitioner who can help us navigate legal risks while maximizing business opportunities
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle competing, time-sensitive projects
- Aptitude for innovative and goal-oriented problem solving in service of business objective
- Excellent communication, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to support and foster company values and ethics
- JD with state bar admission (Washington preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience (in house and national law firm experience preferred)
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
–Dental and vision are covered 100%
–Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a tiny premium for PPO.
-Company 401k plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-15 days of PTO and 9 company holidays
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
-Relocation assistance if necessary