Citizens Bank is seeking to hire an attorney to support customer related matters escalated by the Business to the Legal Department and consumer operations. This attorney must be able to spot and resolve issues while working in a fast paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ability to handle and prioritize projects, strong attention to detail and ability to thrive in fast paced, heavy work environment.
- Must be able to manage and progress projects independently without supervision.
- Must be proficient at legal research related to federal and state legal and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor regulatory communications and significant legislation that may affect business lines.
- Develop legal assessments, interpretations, recommendations, and opinions on laws, policies and regulatory issues.
- Provide advice concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, or legal rights and obligations.
- Work to resolve issue raised by customers, agencies and regulators.
- Review and draft internal policies and procedures.
- Lead or participate in other legal projects and matters as assigned.
- 3+ years of consumer lending experience
- Strong drafting and verbal communication skills.
- Admission or eligibility for admission to the Bar in one or more states in which Citizens Bank conducts business.
Education and Certifications:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited high caliber law school
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40 Hours
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.