At Xilinx, we are leading the industry transformation to build an adaptable, intelligent world. ARE YOU bold, collaborative, and creative? At Xilinx, we hire and develop leaders and innovators who want to revolutionize the world of technology. We believe that by embracing diverse ideas, pushing boundaries, and working together as ONEXILINX, anything is possible. Our culture of innovation began with the invention of the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA), and with the 2018 introduction of our Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform (ACAP), has made a quantum leap in capability, solidifying our role as the adaptable platform supplier of choice. From the start, we have always believed in providing inventors with products and platforms that are infinitely adaptable. From self-driving cars, to world-record genome processing, to AI and big data, to the world’s first 5G networks, we empower the world’s builders and visionaries whose ideas solve every day problems and enhance people’s lives. If you are PASSIONATE, ADAPTABLE, and INNOVATIVE, Xilinx is the right place for you! At Xilinx we care deeply about creating meaningful development experiences while building a strong sense of belonging and connection. We foster an environment of empowered learning, wellness, community engagement, and recognition, so you can focus on work that matters – world class technology that improves the way we live and work. We are ONEXILINX.
In your role as Corporate Counsel, Employment, you will be an integral part of the Legal team at Xilinx and manage a diverse and challenging array of labor and employment matters.
You will work closely with Xilinx’s human resources team, including the Chief People Officer. You are smart, detail-oriented, confident, flexible, responsible, responsive, practical, good judgment and collaborative and have excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Provide day to day advice on a broad range of employment issues, including HR practices, performance management, terminations, recruiting, complicated hiring, accommodations, reorganizations, compensation and benefits, wage and hour, and other employment-related matters.
- Help build and implement scalable, world-class employment policies and programs that balance legal risk with business impact. Will collaborate with other attorneys, including international attorneys, with respect to advice and counseling provided to HR and other cross-functional partners.
- Embed with the company’s HR teams to handle and support compliance, employee issues, internal investigations, audits, pre-dispute conflicts, employment law claims, arbitrations and labor matters.
- Manage all aspects of pre-litigation, litigation and discovery, including e-discovery, and coordination with company witnesses and record custodians.
- Provide employment advice on M&A activity.
- Manage the drafting and revision of correspondence, separation agreements and internal policies, and other employment related documents.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners on complex projects to sustain and enhance employment law compliance across multiple jurisdictions. Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes.
- Work closely with outside counsel to manage risk and ensure that internal partners receive effective, business-focused employment law support.
- Support the company’s commitment to a discrimination and harassment free workplace by assisting on employment compliance projects as needed and providing training to managers and employees.
- Staying on top of employment-related legal developments and engaging proactively to drive compliance and implement risk-mitigating strategies.
- Work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to develop and maintain strong working relationships within Legal and between HR, Corporate Development, Finance and other Xilinx departments.
- Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks and view issues with a business lens.
- J.D. Degree with strong academic credentials.
- 5+ years’ of relevant legal experience
- Prior relevant in-house experience in a corporate legal department of a technology company is a plus, but not required.
- Must be a member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- A self-motivated strong teammate with the ability to get out ahead of problems, drive projects, and execute pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions on a timely basis.
- A quick and flexible learner: intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- Adept at and comfortable making complex cost/benefit assessments. Inspire trust, forge relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and can effectively navigate and use your relationships at all levels of any organization.