OpenX seeks a privacy attorney to join its Legal team as the Company’s first in-house privacy attorney. The Company seeks a smart, innovative and creative thinker to inform the Company’s products and vision as it continues to expand its market leadership role as the world’s largest independent ad exchange and a leader in market quality.
The privacy attorney should be able to identify privacy needs and advise the Company and functional teams they work with as to upcoming legal impacts, new policies and privacy laws.
When you join our Company, you will be engaged on many cutting edge privacy issues as they relate to our product and engineering initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Working alongside our product team as they develop new products, you will be a key contributor providing input and guidance on the different initiatives. You will have a seat at the table and contribute to the product vision by applying your expertise on privacy and other important areas of law such as GDPR, CCPA, COPPA;
- Developing and implementing privacy-by-design, including advising OpenX’s product and technical teams on data storage retention rules, access controls and other appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the data OpenX is processing. We are moving our entire service to Google Cloud Platform–this is a unique opportunity to be on the cutting edge of law and technology;
- Designing and implementing a new consent management framework;
- Providing guidance to OpenX’s product team on permission workflow and management of end user consents across different supply channels;
- Evaluating new cookie collection and syncing methods, including 1st-party cookie collection and publisher cookie-syncing;
- Drafting new contractual language relating to privacy compliance and risk allocation;
- Building strong cross-functional relationships with internal OpenX stakeholders including product, marketing, marketplace quality and support teams
- 6+ years of legal experience at a law firm and or in-house with an emphasis on privacy matters.
- Ability to dive deep into all products and assess/audit privacy practices.
- Strong command of GDPR, COPPA and all other related acronyms.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate legal theories and principles in a clear and concise manner and translate those principles into products and action items.
- Analytical, creative problem solver motivated by company and client success.
- Law Degree from top-tier law school.
- Looking for a legal plus opportunity: Strong desire to apply legal acumen to product and engineering vision.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels within partner’s businesses as well as within OpenX.
- Interaction: Willingness to get up from your desk and have a conversation and engage others in different ways to solve a problem.
- Prior in-house experience preferred but not required