Mitra Biotech is working to develop solutions in oncology therapy selection and supporting drug development. Mitra’s technology platform is the only human ex vivo system enabling drug developers to observe and confirm mechanism of action and identify biomarkers before advanced clinical trials. Mitra is backed by world leading venture groups with a long-term commitment to Mitra’s vision in personalized cancer care.
The ideal candidate will have solid in-house experience at a life sciences / biotech organization or would have provided services to those industries as a member of a private law firm.
- Drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating general and sophisticated corporate and commercial agreements, including services, licensing, consulting, confidentiality, collaboration, employment, non-compete agreements, research and data-related agreements;
- Providing general legal support globally;
- Researching legal issues initiated by cross-functional teammates, customers and vendor partners;
- Providing consulting advice and collaboration when requested, or required;
- Assisting with the development of policies and procedures and standard language to be used in documents, including process improvements;
- Create and maintain reusable templates to be shared across the organization;
- Work closely with the Quality & Regulatory Teams providing counsel on a variety of legal matters, including compliance requirements;
- Work closely with the HR and Finance Teams assisting with end to end talent management, including incentive plans, global hiring, HR policies, budgets and creating global entities.
- J.D. from a national law school and admission to any state bar in the US.
- Minimum 3-5+ years’ legal experience in life sciences or biotech;
- Deep understanding of intellectual property and data privacy law;
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal);
- Must be well-organized and possess strong planning skills, with extremely high attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage multiple priorities;
- All considered candidates must have authorization to work in the US;
- Experience with contract management software is a plus;
- Knowing when to escalate risks and concerns to management in an appropriate timeframe;
- Perform other projects and duties, as needed;
Location and Travel: This role is based in Woburn, MA with minimal travel as needed;
Compensation: Competitive base salary & benefits.