As the Senior Corporate Counsel, you will engage in a diverse set of responsibilities as the trusted advisor who guides the organization through various legal challenges.
Reporting to the COO, this is a strategic high impact role that will contribute immediately to drive the growth of the company. If you have a passion for negotiation, a drive for creative solutions and a growth mindset to be part of a dynamic and results driven high growth business environment, this role is for you.
- Provide corporate legal counsel on a spectrum of issues primarily relating to business needs such as contracts, deal negotiation, conflicts and privacy law
- Manage commercial legal operations supporting our go-to-market teams in executing contracting activities, customer discussions, contract negotiations, etc…
- Creating and executing deal desk processes and procedures in conjunction with Product Marketing, Finance and Security
- Ensure and drive internal compliance to mitigate privacy and security risks
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team in the design, structure and negotiation of partnership relationships
- Collaborate with HR on Employment Law, compensation and equity plan development
- Collaborate with the R&D team on IP, privacy and patent matters
- Engage in global legal matters, including:
- Participate in M&A related activities such as due diligence, documentation, legal contract review and working with external counsel
- Lead special projects as defined by the business direction of the company.
-Data Use Rights & Language
- JD from an accredited university & Bar admittance to practice in New York state
- A minimum of 10 years legal experience in the enterprise B2B technology space with 5 years as in-house counsel
- Startup / high growth company experience, working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and networking skills with the ability to influence, inform, and negotiate through written or face to face communication with customers and investment partners
-Commercial contracting required -Privacy & Compliance required
-Data Use & Data Protection required -Employment Law preferred -Patent Law preferred -Intellectual Property Law preferred -M&A transactions preferred -International Law preferred