American Express Legal is the In House credit card balance collection unit of American Express.
Role & Responsibilities:
The attorney will review all accounts assigned and determine the best course of legal action to be taken in order to recover outstanding balances on credit card accounts.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Draft pleadings, appear for court hearings, motions and trials, enforce judgments and supervise administrative staff as well as collaborate with other AXP Legal attorneys
Are you ready for the challenge?
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience
- Qualified to practice law in the state of Texas
- Experience with trial practice and post judgment process
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively, in both oral and written format
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Location: Houston /Austin Texas.
- Travel: As required by case scheduling
- Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Jul 3, 2019, 6:25:33 PM – Jul 25, 2019, 3:59:00 AM