About the Position: This is an Excepted Service Supervisory General Attorney, GS-0905-15 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District. Fort Worth is part of a much larger very fast growing metroplex with Dallas. There are numerous cultural, recreational and outdoor activities available in the area.
- District Counsel for the Fort Worth District, you will be personally responsible for all legal activities and functions of the District through management of the Office of Counsel.
- The District Counsel is responsible for supervision of over 15 attorneys and other support staff to include the management of positions and pay, selections for non-supervisory positions, and participation in or selections for supervisory positions.
- Assign, review, and approve work, evaluate performance of subordinate supervisors and review performance of their employees.
- Recommend personnel actions, approve leave, approve performance based awards, and maintain good employee communications and relations.
- Responsible for implementation and enforcement of all safety rules, regulations, and directives applicable to the work supervised.
- The District Counsel is the personal legal advisor and counselor to the District Commander.
- The activities of the District are extremely large, highly complex, geographically diverse, and politically sensitive.
- You will exercise a full range of management and technical skills to properly manage the large and highly skilled staff of the Office of Counsel
- Work includes Procurement, Contract Administration, Claims, Appeals, Construction Projects, Environmental Law, Torts and Personnel Claims, Department of Justice Support, Personnel, Labor, Equal Employment matters and Real Estate Legal Advice.
25% or less – You may be expected to travel for this position.