CLEAR transforms what is uniquely you – your fingerprints, your face, your eyes – into a secure, biometric key to frictionless experiences. We are creating a world where travel is effortless, where accessing your office building is as simple as walking in, and where shopping is as easy as walking in and out of a store—without ever once showing an ID or credit card. CLEAR currently powers secure, frictionless customer experiences in nearly 40 U.S. airports and venues. With over 3 million members so far, CLEAR is the identity platform of the future, today.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented transactional lawyer to join our legal team as Corporate Counsel. This is a very impactful role at a quickly growing company. You will report directly to the General Counsel and will be responsible for providing legal counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing organization. As a part of a nimble legal department, you will wear many hats, develop as both an attorney and a business partner, and do cutting edge legal work you will be proud of.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can effectively juggle multiple projects, and can switch gears at the drop of a hat (things change quickly around here!). Strong relationships with internal stakeholders are a must, and you’ll need to effectively collaborate with colleagues around the country to solve intricate problems. And finally, you must care deeply about the member experience and understand how your role can positively impact our organization.
What You Will Do:
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, master services, licensing, marketing and vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist with privacy, intellectual property, litigation, compliance and other legal matters.
- Provide pragmatic, effective legal advice to internal partners on a wide array of business and contractual issues.
- Partner with our business teams to help our company continue to grow while balancing legal risk.
Who You Are:
- You have a JD from a top law school and at least 4-6+ years of experience working at a law firm or as an in-house counsel
- You are used to working directly with your organization’s team members to minimize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- You have a proven track record of providing proactive, pragmatic legal counseling to business partners
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency. You know how to act quickly and provide the appropriate counsel to internal stakeholders
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining integrity and confidentiality
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions
- You are an excellent communicator with impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills