Why Join Parsons?
Parsons is a leading provider of technology-driven solutions in the critical infrastructure markets. We provide technical design and engineering services and software to address our customers’ challenges. We have developed significant expertise and differentiated capabilities in road and highway, bridge and tunnel, rail, aviation, water and waste water and high technology mobility solutions. By combining our talented team of professionals and advanced technology, we help solve complex technical challenges to enable a safer, smarter and more interconnected world.
Ready to put your legal knowledge and contract skills to work on a wide range of Infrastructure projects? If so, this could be the right opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced attorney to provide legal direction and guidance to our Market line leaders supporting our engineering and construction clients. Our Market Lines include planning, program, construction management and design for Transportation, Water/Wastewater and a wide variety of commercial, industrial and federal government projects. This position is based in our Charlotte, NC office.
- Negotiates contracts and other agreements in a time sensitive environment.
- Participates in strategic planning activities for specific projects.
- Analyzes legal matters arising in connection with project pursuit and execution and provides advice and counsel to project management.
- Negotiates various types of contracts, teaming agreements, prime contracts, subcontracts, joint venture agreements, LLC operating agreements, and public private partnership agreements.
- Provides advice and assistance with construction / engineering claims and disputes with contractors, owners and subcontractors.
- Negotiates technology elements related to construction and engineering contracts, including BIM agreements and software licensing agreements.
- Manages special projects, such as research, transactional documentation, and supports changes in guidelines, policies, procedures and presentations.
- J. D. degree and license to practice law, and a minimum of 12-15 years’ experience.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts, subcontracts, teaming agreements, joint venture agreements, LLC operating agreements, project management agreements, public private partnership contracts, parent company guarantees, and related contracts
- Minimum 10+ years of related work experience within an engineering or construction company or a law firm in the construction and/or engineering field.
- Experience negotiating technology contracts, such as BIM contracts, software licensing agreements and/or SaaS agreements is preferred.