Who is Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.
This Assistant General Counsel role will primarily advise on matters involving consumer interactions, company operations (i.e., informing internal processes to take into account regulatory requirements) and data security. This role will also assist in reviewing and assessing the impact of legislation and court decisions on our business, as well as assist in regulatory examinations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to have direct interaction with multiple internal business units and departments to provide legal counsel and assist in the enhancement of policies, procedures and process flows.
This position requires a broad business perspective, the ability to apply this perspective to legal analysis and to devise innovative solutions that meet client needs. All work will require a “business” as well as a “legal” approach, requiring competencies in anticipating legal issues, accepting and effectively resolving sensitive legal projects and handling difficult situations diplomatically.
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience at a top tier law firm or a combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Regulatory compliance experience required.
- Experience with consumer facing products, processes and interactions required.
- Industry experience with regulated businesses (especially the FCRA) is preferred.
- Experience supporting internal and external examinations and/or audits is preferred.
- Demonstrated business counseling, communications and conflict management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and ability to exercise sound judgment while working autonomously.
- Ability to see the big picture while executing on the appropriate details.
- Willingness to learn, strong communication skills, team player.
- Experience representing clients in the data, technology or financial services industries preferred.
- Proficiency in use of personal technology.
The Perks of being an Equifax Employee?
We offer an excellent compensation packages with high-reaching market salaries and 401k matching, along with the works: comprehensive healthcare packages, schedule flexibility, work from home opportunities, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
This position sits in our Corporate Headquarters in Midtown, which includes an onsite café, walking distance (or an Uber ride) away from several restaurants, and offers free covered parking, too (who doesn’t love free?).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Function – Legal