Location RTP, NC (109 TW Alexander Drive, NCC Bldg, RTP, NC)
Customer/Program EPA Program with GDIT – EPA III TO2 ISAH
Contract Duration – Through 3/28/22
The Task 5 – Server Services group provides infrastructure support of EPA Windows, Unix and VMware information systems on hardware located primarily in Durham, NC and Washington, D.C., with satellite data centers in Denver, Colorado, and Chicago, IL, and tenants in Azure and AWS. The Senior Windows Engineer will be a key contributor role within Windows Infrastructure Hosting Team.
This position will maintain Windows 2008 R2 – 2016 operating system functionality and stability; build new systems (physical and virtual), apply software and security patches; diagnose and resolve system problems with the OS, hardware and applications; maintain system security; participate in VMware on premise to Cloud VM Migrations; create and update procedures and documentation; investigate, analyze, and correct system related issues; investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches; perform routine system preventative maintenance and respond to break fix tickets. This individual will also operate as a Windows Hosting project resource with expected contribution in architecting scalable, reliable, secure technical solutions encompassing both on premise and Cloud Compute resources.
Individual Windows skills and experience should including managing Active Directory, expert knowledge of Credential Management and Group Policy, experience with PowerShell, strong experience in Server / ESXi Host performance troubleshooting, and knowledge of DNS and PKI. From the Cloud perspective, experience in both AWS and Azure is required with expert knowledge in one of the two.
– Tier 2 knowledge of networking and storage concepts and technologies.
– Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
– Excellent communication and customer service skills.
– Prior experience on a Government Contract.
– Proficiency with an Enterprise Monitoring System.
– Familiarity with Service Now and Remedy.
Clearance required on the EPA III TO2 ISAH Contract is a Public Trust – candidates are authorized to work while the Public Trust clearance process is ongoing.
– 7 Years Experience Managing Windows Servers in an Enterprise setting.
– 5 Years Experience Managing Windows Servers in Azure and / or AWS.
– 3 Years Experience in VMware (5.x, 6.x).
– Current MCSA (preferred MCSA: Cloud Platform) or
– AWS Cloud Practitioner (preferred AWS Solutions Architect).