Seeking a highly motivated attorney to join Bank of America legal team. This position will primarily provide legal support to the Bank’s Fraud & Claims business area, with a focus on fraud and non-fraud claims and billing disputes for lending products such as credit card, mortgage, HELOC and auto loans. While the role primarily relates to Consumer lending products and operations, the position’s responsibilities will extend to lending products in other areas such as Commercial and Wealth Management.
As part of a Global Technology & Operations Legal team that provides support to a broad array of operational areas, the position will also frequently engage with and provide support related to other areas such as Global Financial Crimes, Deceased Customer Servicing, Military Affairs, Complaints, Internal Investigations, Legal Order Processing, Marketing, Collections, Media Relations, Audit, Risk, Compliance and Identity Theft Prevention.
- Advising business and compliance partners and also will partner with other legal colleagues and subject matter experts.
- This candidate often will serve as primary point of legal contact on strategic business initiatives and must be capable of working independently and as a subject matter expert.
- While not a management position, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing the activities of one or more paralegals who also support the above-referenced areas.
- Typical responsibilities will include providing legal support for fraud and non-fraud claims relating to Reg Z/TILA, but may also include other types of claims.
- The role also provides support for related processes, controls and reporting, the company’s fraud-related policies, strategies and detection efforts, and other areas such as at-risk persons, investigations and law enforcement interaction.
- J.D. from an accredited institution
- 6 or more years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience
- The ideal attorney candidate will have a strong financial services regulatory background working within this specific area
- Knowledge of Reg Z (fraud and non-fraud dispute resolution), FCRA (adverse action, permissible purpose, identity theft), SAR reporting (BSA), SCRA, at-risk person exploitation, fraud investigations, offsets, lending products (primarily credit card, mortgage, HELOC and auto loans), fraud mitigation, bankruptcy, policies, procedures and training is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with change and ability to navigate effectively in a multi-faceted financial institution with a wide and complex range of businesses.