Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
This attorney will provide effective, responsive, and strategic legal advice to MetLife’s financial, investor relations, and communications professionals and other business partners on securities, capital markets, and other public company matters, and other responsibilities as assigned, as one of a team of public company attorneys.
- Provide legal analysis, advice, and counsel on securities filings (e.g., 10-K’s, 10-Q’s, 8-K’s, Proxy Statements), financial and other communications (e.g., earnings releases, investor presentations), and capital-raising transactions (e.g., registration statements and prospectus supplements).
- Draft, and provide comments on drafts, of securities disclosures, financing and other agreements, investor presentations, other communications, and related material, both orally and in writing.
- Partner effectively with business partners in advancing MetLife’s interests in clear disclosure that tells MetLife’s story effectively and within regulatory and investor expectations.
- Coordinate advice with colleagues providing advice on the same or other matters in a collegial and effective manner.
- Work with, guide, and manage outside counsel for MetLife on matters, to the extent they are engaged on those matters.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Deep and broad understanding of public company law, securities law, and corporate governance; strong research, analytic and problem-solving skills related to these areas.
- Robust written and oral communication skills, including crisp, clear client communications and the ability to translate legal issues to straightforward practical analysis and advice.
- Exercises strong influence and leadership skills, especially in the context of the ability to relate to different stakeholders, business partners and colleagues. Dedication to excellence and working in a spirit of partnership and collegiality with colleagues, business partners, and others. Able to work independently and show flexibility. Exercises good judgment in determining when and how to consult management, colleagues, and business partners.
- JD and 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in any of insurance legal issues, executive compensation, Section 16 disclosure, or practicing in a global environment, is a plus.
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 108966