Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for Counsel to join our growing legal team. Reporting to our Head of Legal, you will assist on a variety of legal affairs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist with legal affairs including contract and commercial negotiations, corporate governance matters, privacy, employment law and mergers and acquisitions.
- You will assist on all aspects of contracting, from initial advice on contract terms, through to managing client-facing communications to helping to drive successful negotiations and deal closures in a highly visible role that enables the effectiveness and efficiency of our revenue producing teams in multiple countries.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Excellent academic record and a JD from an accredited law school. Must be admitted to practice law in at least one US state. NY bar preferred.
- 2 – 4 years working at a top-tier law firm or in house with a well respected organization.
- Ability to prioritize, assess risk, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently in an unstructured and fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to pick up issues quickly, to articulate complex matters clearly.
- Strong project planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with GDPR, privacy issues and international matters (particularly in the UK) will be a strong asset, though not required.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in Manhattan.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.