Reporting to the Intellectual Property Counsel, the Commercial/Contracts Attorney, will be responsible for legal matters for a leading synthetic biology company. The Commercial/Contracts Attorney will prepare, review, and negotiate contracts and other legal documents, advise the Sales and Marketing Department on applicable law, and ensure that the company’s sales and marketing practices are in compliance with all applicable law.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for contracts and commercial law.
- Negotiate and draft contracts with vendors, suppliers, purchasers, and customers.
- Advise company on best practices and legal updates affecting contracting.
- Provide legal support to e-commerce efforts.
- Responsible for end user license agreements, NDA’s, CDA’s, privacy policies, proprietary rights agreements, supply and services agreements and other contracting needs.
- Assist on other projects as needed, including but not limited to biosecurity issues.
- Provide training to stakeholders.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- J.D. degree required. Must be licensed to practice in the State of California and before local Federal Courts.
- 4-8 years of experience in a law firm and/or in house legal department with emphasis on contracting and commercial experience.
- Creative problem solver.
- Hands-on attorney.
- Substantial experience working with a biotech or pharma company.
- Experience building for scale.
- Experience with domestic (U.S.) and international contracts.
- Experience with government contracting and subcontracting.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.