Reporting to the SVP of Compliance for North America, the Senior Compliance Counsel will be empowered to lead the efforts to build the compliance program with focus on governance, risk assessment, policies and procedures, training, monitoring, investigations, and management. This counsel will lead compliance for EMD Serono’s Neurology and Immunology franchises in the US.
- Design and implement the compliance program and strategy for EMD Serono ensuring alignment with the US compliance programs.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company and promote compliance program.
- Design, develop, and advance compliance training programs and processes that align to the expected organizational standards and ensure compliance awareness is maintained.
- Act as a channel of communication to receive and direct global and local compliance information appropriately.
- Identify business strategies and tactics that present compliance risk and provide input into compliance risk assessment and mitigation remediation strategies.
- Support compliance investigations through collection of information and facilitation of interviews between investigations team and business stakeholders and support implementation of corrective action measures.
- Identify promotional practice and related risk areas by assessing the execution of existing compliance programs.
- Communicate with Business Partners on field-level activities to keep abreast of emerging issues at the regional level.
- Identify gaps in sales and marketing team training programs through monitoring activities.
- Stay up to date of changes to laws and regulations with healthcare compliance related to promotional activities.
Who you are:
- Juris Doctorate
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a Legal or Compliance function with a multi-national organization with specialization in Pharmaceutical compliance, law and regulations.
- Senior level collaborator with ability to influence and gain buy in at the leadership level.
- Established reputation for excellence in traits such as credibility, integrity, confidentiality, and trust.
- Collaboratively work across department and geographies and encourage teamwork that respects backgrounds and culture diversity.
- Innovative approach, creative thinker.
- Embracing new opportunities that will shape the future.
- Participate in a feedback culture and take responsibility.