Caterpillar is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to provide legal compliance support for its Solar Turbines business. Solar Turbines manufactures mid-size industrial gas turbines for use in electric power generation, gas compression, and pumping systems. This position will provide legal support on compliance matters to the Solar business on issues such as antibribery, data privacy, competition law, and trade compliance (e.g. customs and sanctions), as well as other compliance risk areas as needed to support the compliance program (e.g. environment, health and safety and product regulatory matters). The position will be based in San Diego, California and report to the Assistant General Counsel—Regulatory Compliance in Peoria Illinois.
The successful candidate will advise Solar business clients on a wide array of compliance topics, working closely with Solar’s Chief Compliance Officer and broader team of Solar compliance professionals, as well as enterprise subject matter experts. The successful candidate will also support the development and maintenance of effective compliance processes and business unit programs that are consistent with enterprise requirements and provide training to clients on key compliance issues. The position requires significant interaction with Solar’s Lead Counsel as well as multiple legal professionals and managers at Caterpillar and various subsidiaries. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of interpreting and communicating the substance of complex regulations and translating them into appropriate risk management advice and processes. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate unique legal problems and issues and make recommendations to higher leadership on the best course of action, calling on past examples and experiences.
• J.D. required and licensed to practice law in at least one state.
• 8 or more years of progressively responsible job related experience.
• Demonstrated human relations and communication skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
• Past experience with the Department of Justice or U.S. Attorney’s Office is desired.
• Experience with the Office of Foreign Assets Control is desired.
• Experience in a large law firm or multi-national corporate law department advising on trade and other compliance issues (such as anti-bribery, data privacy, and antitrust) is highly preferred.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Your road to success is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you appreciate that working for a global leader creates endless opportunities for you.