Come join the U.S. Postal Service!
Serves as Special Assistant U.S. Attorney while litigating violations of federal laws that fall under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the Federal law enforcement arm of the United States Postal Service. This position will be filled though a term limited contract appointment under 39 U.S.C §1001(c).
- Represents the United States Government in the prosecution of federal crimes.
- Develops and recommends strategies and coordinates the preparation of litigation for mail theft, mail fraud, narcotics violations and other complex cases.
- Performs all aspects of criminal discovery, motions practice, trials and appeals.
- Meets with defense attorneys in advance of trial to conduct pre-trial conferences and negotiations.
- Works closely with postal inspectors and other law enforcement agents, witnesses and victims during Criminal investigations, trial preparation and all phases of litigation.
- Conducts legal research. Prepares memoranda and briefs on questions of law. Prepares pleadings.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.