Marvel’s legal internship provides Second and Third-Year Law Students with a unique opportunity to work with Marvel’s in-house attorneys on cutting edge entertainment, corporate and intellectual property matters. Marvel’s legal staff manages all issues relating to:
– Print and digital publishing, production, and distribution
– Consumer products licensing
– Video game licensing
– Copyright, trademark and intellectual property advice, protection and enforcement
– Social media and advertising
– Short form video content and production
The Business & Legal Affairs Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment in tandem with department attorneys in a wide array of entertainment legal work. Tasks will include but are not limited to:
– Anti-piracy and intellectual property enforcement
– Drafting and revising contracts
– Creating and updating legal rights charts
– Legal research and drafting of legal memoranda
• Must be a second or third year law student.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail
• Strong sense of urgency, confidentiality and accountability
• Excellent organizational skills
- Resume must outline other internships, degrees earned, work experience, related clubs and organizations, current major course of study, expected graduation date and extracurricular activities.
- Cover letter must include a personal introduction, and days/times available during internship period.
Must be enrolled in Law School
- Must be enrolled in an law school program / second or third year law student
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
The internship will start in September – December with flexibility as needed based on academic calendars. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be available Monday through Friday throughout the internship.
This internship is located in New York, NY. All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.