What part will you play?
We are recruiting for a Sr. Counsel, Intellectual Property to join our Corporate Legal team. In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of intellectual property for all Warner Bros. divisions and including for DC Comics and New Line Cinema (the “Company”). Specific responsibilities include:
- Advise various divisions of the Company on production and distribution on all IP related issues, including availability of titles, chain of title issues, copyright, and other soft IP issues.
- Assist in anti-piracy and content protection issues.
- Help manage the flow of global IP Rights.
- Assist with development of IP Public Policy positions.
What do we require from you?
- Law degree from a top-tier U.S. law school.
- Admission to the California Bar (or Registered In-house Counsel eligibility).
- 8+ years of practice in the field of trademark and copyright law.
- Experience advising entertainment companies in the use and protection of IP.
- Familiarity with “soft” intellectual property law in the United States and in foreign jurisdictions, include copyright, trademark, and other “soft” IP.
- Ability to analyze a factual situation and apply the law.
- Ability to write memos and correspondence clearly, concisely and precisely in a well-organized manner and to communicate effectively with persons for whom English is a second language; ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to give directions in a clear, concise, precise and well-organized manner.
Bonus points for?
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience.
- Related litigation experience.