What part will you play?
We are recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Music to join our Corporate Legal team. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft and revise music related agreements for WB Pictures and New Line Pictures, including composer, songwriter, recording artist, record producer, music supervisor and album license agreements, as well as supervise master and synch licensing related to feature films and other productions.
- Manage and advise on all music legal issues related to the production and global exploitation of feature films.
- Provide business and legal support to WaterTower Music (WB’s internal record label), including negotiate and draft profit split agreements with other record labels, album and master licenses; supervise mechanical licensing.
- Provide advice and respond to legal, music union and rights inquires on music issues from multiple divisions, including WBTV, Warner Home Entertainment, Marketing, Distribution and Animation.
- Assist in negotiation of PRO licenses.
- Supervise the transmittal and follow up of music documentation with outside agents/attorneys.
- Supervise assistant (shared) in the performance of legal-related tasks.
What do we require from you?
- JD degree.
- California State Bar membership or eligibility for Registered In-house Counsel.
- At least 7 years total legal experience with 3-4 years specifically in music legal.
- Excellent knowledge of copyright laws and principles, music clearance, music publishing and soundtrack album agreements.
- Ability to prepare and negotiate agreements and provide clear and concise advice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully, both orally and in writing, with persons on all levels.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate paralegal and clerical subordinates engaged in the performance of legal-related tasks.