This role will be responsible for general corporate legal governance, supporting finance, sales, and contracts. The Attorney must be a generalist with strong SaaS contracting skills, confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Creates, negotiates and/or administers contractual documents that establish business relationships with customers, vendors and/or partners.
- Identify business issues on customer contracts and advise internal clients.
- Provide strategic advice and legal counsel on customer disputes and contract interpretation issues.
- Provide legal support for corporate finance activities, globally.
- Formulate effective and efficient resolution strategies to meet business objectives.
- Provide advice and counsel to various functional areas of the business, including identifying and mitigating risks.
- Provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations.
- General legal matters and initiatives.
- J.D. from an accredited law school; licensed to practice in Virginia.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably with SaaS companies.
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating contracts in a wide variety of contexts and ability to handle complex, contested negotiations with no supervision.
- An excellent ability to: grasp legal and business issues quickly; balance risks; exercise sound judgment; and provide practical, constructive and timely counsel in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced business environment.
- Positive and approachable demeanor with strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with internal and external interactions at all levels.
- Strong business and legal acumen with the ability to identify legal issues and devise and articulate creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately manage a high-volume workflow, setting priorities with internal clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Strong organizational and time- management skills and attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, deals, documents, and legal issues preferred.