The Vice President-Legal & General Counsel (“GC”) is a member of the senior management team of the Transportation Technologies Platform (the “Platform”) of Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV), reporting to the Senior Vice President of the Platform (the “SVP”). The position is based in Greensboro, North Carolina. The GC manages the Platform’s legal team and serve a trusted advisor to the SVP and the Platform’s executive management teams around the world. The Platform includes Gilbarco Veeder-Root, TeletracNavman, Global Traffic Technologies, and other transportation-related businesses of Fortive.
• GENERAL: Member of the executive management team of the Platform and a direct report to the SVP. The GC supports and advises the Platform’s leaders and businesses in a wide variety of areas, including commercial, corporate, antitrust, anticorruption, litigation & claims, regulatory, M&A, labor & employment, IP, and overall legal risk management. The GC sets legal and compliance policies for the Platform and looks for efficiencies and continuous improvement in providing effective, risk-appropriate legal services.
• LEADERSHIP & PEOPLE: Manages and develops a global legal team consisting of lawyers and legal professionals in the US, Europe, Israel, and China; responsible for legal team’s engagement and overall well-being; serves as a leader on Platform associate engagement initiatives and a role model on integrity and ethical behavior.
• COMPLIANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT: With the support of the Chief Counsel-Compliance, drives compliance programs around the world in keeping with best practices and Fortive’s compliance policies and programs; manages the Platform’s risk assessment, regulatory “Health Check,” and Integrity Deployment programs; leads on significant compliance investigations.
• COMMERCIAL & CORPORATE: Advises on all aspects of commercial relationships, including review, drafting, and negotiation of contracts and complex commercial arrangements; leads on the corporate management of legal entities around the globe.
• GROWTH: Provides legal leadership on M&A and other strategic activities, including acquisition due diligence and post-closing integration.
• LITIGATION & CLAIMS: Updates and advises Platform management and Fortive-Legal on the status of litigation, claims, and other significant legal matters; develops and drives litigation strategy; assists Finance in setting appropriate reserves for legal matters.
• INNOVATION: With support of the Chief Counsel-IP & Technology, serves as a key contributor on IP strategy and litigation; finds innovative ways to provide efficient and effective legal services.
• OUTSIDE COUNSEL & BUDGET: Selects and manages outside counsel in all regions of the world, including “preferred counsel” where appropriate; negotiates favorable rates and fee arrangements; sets legal budgets and tracks, manages, and controls legal spend, internal and external.
• TRAINING & EDUCATION: Provided training and updates to leadership, commercial teams, and other associates in areas such as legal escalation, contract review & management, litigation best practices; labor & employment; and antitrust law.
• FORTIVE 9: Exhibits and leads on the “Fortive 9” – customer-obsessed, adaptable, delivers results, strategic, leads with FBS, innovates for impact, inspires, exhibits courage, and builds extraordinary teams.
• Reports to the SVP of the Platform, with a dotted line to Fortive’s VP & General Counsel-Operations.
• Manages the Platform’s legal team and coordinates with/escalates to the Fortive legal team.
• Unquestioned integrity and excellent judgment.
• Natural leader who knows how to motivate and develop people.
• Culturally savvy and able to work effectively in a global environment and across numerous legal systems.
• Strong commercial, corporate, and litigation management experience.
• Executive presence with ability to inspire confidence and gain & hold the trust of senior management.
• Process-driven and results-oriented; history of building sustainable and innovative standard work and systems.
• Problem-solver with a penchant for providing solutions or paths to resolution on complex matters.
• Capable of working successfully as a leader, an individual contributor, and a team player.
• Strong organizational skills and work ethic, with ability to handle many complex issues simultaneously, prioritizing and effectively managing time.
• Fast learner who thrives in a high-demand environment; works well under pressure
• Understands public company reporting issues, including accounting principles for setting appropriate legal reserves
• Organizational agility; able to work effectively across functions (including Finance, HR, Operations, and Commercial) and organizational hierarchy.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to convey complicated advice and information in an understandable and engaging way.
• Ability to influence and build followership with associates at all levels.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• JD from an accredited university and licensed in one US state (or equivalent degree and license outside of US)
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience within legal department of an international company or comparable relevant legal experience; major law firm experience preferred
• People management experience required and experience with manufacturing and public companies strongly preferred.
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Role is based in Greensboro, North Carolina (relocation package provided)
• Travel (domestic and international): 10-15% of time
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets