About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
BlackRock’s Legal and Compliance department works with business teams to develop investment management products and business solutions that comply with the numerous legal and regulatory requirements to which BlackRock and its products are subject. Legal and Compliance is responsible for, among other things, negotiating agreements with investors, intermediaries and service providers; providing ongoing legal advice to business regarding new and existing products and strategies; overseeing regulatory matters; coordinating litigation and legal proceedings; establishing legal and compliance policies and procedures that meet applicable regulatory requirements and testing the operative effectiveness of those policies and procedures and conducting training.
Private Equity and Infrastructure Attorney
BlackRock offers all types of investment products, services and strategies to institutional investors. Our diverse platform of active, index, and alternative investment strategies across asset classes allows BlackRock to tailor investment outcomes and asset allocation solutions for clients. We are searching for an attorney specializing in private equity fund formation to support BlackRock in building these solutions for our clients. We expect the role to focus on fund formation and other matters for our Real Assets team, which includes Infrastructure and Real Estate. The attorney would also support BlackRock’s broader illiquid alternatives business, which manages almost $100 billion in illiquid mandates across asset classes.
- Requires a J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school, and six to 10 years’ experience as a lawyer in the asset management or fund formation group within a major law firm or the legal department of a diversified investment management firm or the asset management division of an investment bank. Fund formation experience is required, as well as familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) and the other U.S. and non-U.S. laws impacting privately offered funds.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment. The candidate must have the ability to coordinate complex projects involving different business and support groups and to assist the business in implementing solutions across the broad range of BlackRock products and services.
- Having a business and solution-oriented approach to interacting and working with clients is critical for this role.
- Exceptional analytical, written and oral communication and relationship-building skills required, as is a proven track record working as a member of a team. The candidate must have a strong ability to solve problems in a practical manner and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
- The candidate should also be capable of overseeing work done by external counsel.
- Position will be located in New York.