Sr. Counsel/VP, Technology Transactions
Legal & Business Affairs
- Lead technology transactions team within NBCUniversal’s Corporate Legal Affairs Team. Oversee deal flow, coordinate and assign clients and deals for other lawyers and legal staff. Manage and develop team staff, answer questions and serve as an escalation point.
- Draft, review and negotiate (i) SaaS agreements; (ii) software licenses; (iii) website, app and other software development agreements; (iv) IT support and outsourcing agreements; (v) virtual, augmented reality, and AI-related agreements; and (vi) other types of agreements, all in support of NBCUniversal’s corporate staff divisions, primarily Sourcing, and Operations & Technology, with occasional support to other brands such as NBC Entertainment and the NBC Stations.
- Serve as a technology transactions “center of excellence” for technology transactions enterprise-wide. Communicate with and advise business unit lawyers on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Steward NBCUniversal technology transactions forms for use by team and lawyers around the company.
- Advise clients regarding contractual rights and duties, matters of contract interpretation, and pre-litigation dispute resolution in technology matters.
- Ensure consistent application of company best practices and compliance, particularly in areas such as insurance, privacy and IT security.
- Other matters at the direction of the SVP and/or other senior attorneys.
- Law degree
- Member of New York bar, or other U.S. state bar and qualified as in-house counsel in New York
- 8+ years related experience at law firm or comparable in-house position.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Experience in new/digital media a plus
- Capable of providing practical legal advice to members of business team at all levels
- Strong work ethic with ability to work independently, multi-task successfully and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player
- Significant experience in licensing and development of digital technologies and platforms
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.