The Fort Worth Staff Counsel office for GEICO seeks a litigation attorney with experience in civil personal injury litigation or comparable level of trial experience. Under general supervision, DEFENDS lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in Uninsured Motorist (UM) and Underinsured Motorist (UIM), and PIP lawsuits filed in courts of limited jurisdiction and, in the discretion of the Managing Attorney, in courts of unlimited jurisdiction.
Candidate must be a member in good standing of the Texas State Bar, have attention to detail, and strong communication, MS Office, and organizational skills. Candidate must have a good work ethic, be a self-starter, and will be expected to litigate a case from beginning to end under supervision. Grade and salary for this position may vary commensurate with the experience level.
1. RESEARCHES law and PREPARES legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
2. RENDERS legal opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. PREPARES and HANDLES pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath.
4. DEFENDS by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
5. MEETS deadlines to respond to pleadings and correspondence.
6. ADHERES to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
7. MEETS attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with management and co-workers.
8. MEETS the requirements specified below.
– Must be able, with or without accommodation, to perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to, thinking (concentrating, focusing, assimilating information), reading, writing, listening, typing, speaking, bending, reaching, lifting, and standing for extended periods.
Lifting – Public Contact – Standing – Word Processing
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Credit Union