Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Associate General Counsel, Security. This person will join a global team of attorneys that handle data disclosure and security issues for Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp. This role will focus primarily on supporting WhatsApp. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Advise our Law Enforcement Response Teams on data disclosure in response to criminal, civil, and regulatory legal process and data requests.
- Develop and implement policies and practices that protect user data and prioritize user notice relating to legal process and requests seeking disclosure of user data.
- Lead litigation efforts related to civil and criminal legal process, data requests, and user notice.
- Collaborate with and support business partners (Policy, Communications, Community Operations, Product, Engineering, and others) on data disclosure and security matters, including advising Policy on proposed legislation and advising Product on new product development.
- 8+ years of attorney experience, including experience advising technology companies as in-house or outside counsel, litigating civil or criminal cases, conducting internal or other investigations, and/or directly engaging with law enforcement agencies.
- J.D. and membership to at least one U.S. state bar.
- Experience with U.S. law, including the Stored Communications Act, Wiretap Act, Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute.
- Experience with international law, including GDPR, Brazilian law, and Indian law.