About the Job
TI’s law department has an entry level role that will support our worldwide business operations and support organizations from our headquarters in Dallas, Texas. In this position, you would be responsible primarily for providing a wide range of legal advice, counseling, and training on commercial and compliance matters, as well as for structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of agreements in areas such as distribution, supply and logistics, technology development, privacy / data protection, and software licensing. From time to time, this attorney may also be called upon to support TI clients in more contentious matters, such as claims or disputes.
• Commitment to high ethical standards
• Proven self-starter
• Demonstrates extremely sound and well-balanced legal judgment. Provides practical legal advice that takes into account both the legal and business risk of a particular situation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills, and an eagerness to learn new things
• Critical thinking skills and ability to solve problems. Must be able to dig into the details, but must also be able think strategically – taking into account high level goals and the outside environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to build relationships and work collaboratively with a diverse team of lawyers, including colleagues based around the globe.
• Comfortable interacting directly with business managers, and serving on cross functional teams outside the law department
• Substantive knowledge in key areas such as intellectual property, software, open source, ecommerce, data privacy, antitrust, comparative advertising, FCPA/anti-bribery and other compliance areas
• Ability to travel, including internationally as needed
• JD or equivalent law degree with 2-5 years law firm PQE
• Member in good standing of the Texas bar, or at least one other US state bar with ability to join the Texas bar
• The ideal candidate will have some experience representing technology, automotive and/or manufacturing companies
• A global outlook and mindset and international experience (educational or professional) outside the US is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age. Job Opening Type Experienced Professional
Minimum Education Level Juris Doctorate