Are You Uncommon?
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Commercial Legal Counsel who ranks in the top quartile among their peers. Someone who has a highly competitive and entrepreneurial mindset that is wired with a team-first attitude, has no problem rolling up their sleeves to execute their missions, and can modulate between leading and following as needed. The Commercial Legal Counsel for Explore will deliver excellent legal and commercial strategies, legal advice, options and solutions on issues and risks relating to the ongoing and expanding business in the region.
What You’ll Be Doing
At Solera, we believe in providing clarity and focus to what our team members are responsible for – their mission. The 80’s, as we call them at Solera, are the employee’s priorities associated with their role or mission. The mission 80’s for this role, are:
Manage the contract life cycle which includes drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions in vendor and customer agreements to align transaction documents with desired business outcomes and ensure adherence to company policy, and commercial specifications and requirements. Negotiate agreements (NDAs, subscription and service agreements, procurement contracts, etc.) with customers and vendors. Author, refine, and implement templates for customer agreements, procurement contracts, and employment agreements among others.
Additional responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with senior management, finance, as well as sales, product development and other teams across the organization
- Assist with proposal preparation, pre-contract data collection and administration of commercial contracts.
- Assist Associate General Counsel/Director of Compliance with contractual and regulatory program implementation projects and regulatory audits.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of legal advice to internal business clients and senior management on legal, business and management matters.
- Assist other members of the Legal Group on a wide range of legal issues, which may include commercial, corporate, or dispute resolution/litigation matters.
- Manage and interface with outside legal counsel on key matters to reduce operational risks.
Are You Qualified?
- Juris Doctorate Degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and bar admission to Minnesota.
- 4+ years of combined experience in both a law firm and corporate setting negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience with insurance and/or technology industry preferred.
- Experience providing advice related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Driver Privacy Protection Act, Canadian law practice and/or data security and privacy protection laws preferred.
- Business experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with large customers who have negotiating leverage.
- Experience with and capable of leading projects, directing others and advising business on implementation of sound legal, regulatory and compliance solutions.
- Superior academic credentials and excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.