We are looking for an Associate General Counsel who is passionate about supporting multiple business units in a fast-paced and creative environment working collaboratively with our sales, product and marketing teams. You’ll report directly to the General Counsel and will have primary responsibility for the review, negotiation and management of sales contracts, vendor contracts, software licenses and services agreements, as well as assistance in directing and managing the company’s policies and procedures, especially around data and cyber security.
Your primary duties will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating with customers and counseling clients on technology agreements including SaaS agreements, general software licensing, enterprise partnership agreements, sales and services contracts, vendor and partnership agreements as well as confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Assisting in RFP responses including exceptions and certifications
- Identifying and evaluating legal risk and providing mitigation alternatives and strategic guidance to cross functional business teams
- Working with business teams to review and refine, or formulate policies, procedures templates and forms
- Counseling and advising business teams on legal issues and developing training for internal clients relating to legal, corporate or business matters
- Ensuring company compliance with applicable regulatory requirements in the public procurement space as well as data privacy and cyber-security
You should have…
- JD from an accredited law school, admission to the Bar in at least one state
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at a law firm, in-house or combination.
- Experience in public sector procurement, technology agreements, and/or the transportation industry is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and a high degree of attention to detail
- The ability to distill complex legal concepts in digestible and understandable terms tied to strategic business objectives and/or company goals
- The ability to prioritize projects from multiple internal clients, and to work both independently and collaboratively: experience working as a member of or supporting cross functional team is a plus
- Curious mind willing to learn new areas of the law, and the ability to adapt and respond to change effectively
- A passion for not only company vision and team goals, but building on our silo-free culture
You should be…
- Driven by success. You are invested in your team’s achievements, focused on company goals, and take the time to understand and deliver on the needs of key business stakeholders.
- Pursuing self-improvement. With a growth-mindset, you are tuned in to your professional development track and always seeking feedback.
- A relentless collaborator. Regardless of title or team, you are ready, willing, and able to dive in when someone needs help.
- An owner. You take ownership, whether this means tackling problems or devising new solutions.
- Bored with the status quo. You’re never satisfied with hearing “that’s how we’ve always done it” as an answer.
- Allergic to the blame game. You’re focused on forward progress and believe you can make progress without pointing out the mistakes of others.