The Senior Corporate Counsel position will be based in Seattle, WA in the heart of Pioneer Square. The individual will work closely with business partners throughout the organization both in the North America region and internationally. The ideal candidate must be able to partner seamlessly with various business teams and be willing to work in an ever-changing environment.
· Perform as a trusted advisor to business teams across different departments in the North America region and internationally on a wide array of legal and business issues including intellectual property, business operations, commercial transactions, marketing law and licensing arrangements.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business, sales, marketing and senior management within the company and counsel on the legal implications of proposed transactions, new products and corporate strategies, with a strong emphasis on assessing and minimizing risk while supporting company initiatives.
· Draft and negotiate a variety of complex agreements across a broad range of areas including technology agreements, service agreements, sales and distribution contracts, licensing agreements, marketing agreements, joint development agreements and collaboration agreements.
· Perform legal research and risk analysis for new business initiatives and provide practical business orientated counsel and guidance on interpretation of laws, policies and contract provisions
· Develop and maintain expert knowledge on new developments relevant to our business.
· Help identify, develop and implement improvements to policies, templates and processes to promote efficiency and internal alignment.
· Manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget.
· Collaborate and provide support to other members of the legal team both in the US region and internationally.
· Some travel may be required (domestic and international).
· Juris Doctor degree from a nationally-accredited law school
· Currently licensed to practice law in at least one state, preferably Washington
· 8+ years relevant experience as transactional counsel in a recognized law firm or as U.S. based in-house counsel in a major technology company. Experience with Latin American and Asian business operations a plus.
· Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements on behalf of multiple and diverse stakeholders, including international stakeholders
· Ability to manage multiple-wide ranging matters efficiently and to learn new areas of expertise as business needs change
· A proven track record of accountability, attention to detail, and organization in a fast-paced, changing environment
· A proven track record of integrating with key business teams and earning and retaining their trust over time
· Ability to analyze business and legal issues and to articulate findings and recommendations in a multi-cultural, international environment
· Confidence, sense of humor, and good judgment are required
· Proficiency in Mandarin or Spanish is not necessary for success in this position but may distinguish among equally qualified candidates