Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life’s best work.(sm)
- Provide legal support for UHC’s third party administrative services businesses, including National Accounts and Enterprise Strategic Account teams. This role requires a high level of interaction with internal business units, external customers and their counsel and consultants, vendors and strategic partners and requires timely counsel on a myriad of legal issues.
- Provide a full range of legal advice and services in areas including employee benefits, ERISA, ERISA Plan terms, Accountable Care Act, Mental Health Parity, private exchanges, associations, as well as regulatory requirements and compliance and contractual terms and obligations.
- Acquire deep knowledge of the industry and specific business practices to best advise senior business leaders and help deliver solutions.
- Assess legal risks and work with business and operational teams to mitigate and address.
- Provide business leaders with insights and guidance on complex legal issues and their commercial implications.
- Protect the organization’s rights in contract negotiations.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree;
- 8+ years of experience providing counsel in the field of healthcare;
- Excellent legal research, writing and communication skills;
- Proven skills in managing multiple and competing priorities;
- Experience collaborating across a matrixed business and legal environment.