Title: Senior Network Engineer (10+ years)
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
The candidate must possess a strong background in networking fundamentals (layers 1-3) and will have demonstrated experience configuring, deploying, administering, and maintaining LAN/WAN networking equipment. Additionally, the candidate should have experience designing, developing, and executing test plans and procedures. The candidate must have experience with software test processes and automated/scripted network testing and will help develop and continually improve regression and acceptance tests, including automated tests.
Automated tests will include extensive work with scripting languages in support of managing network equipment, test equipment (such as Ixia and Spirent), and servers (Linux and Windows). He will assist in the development of test strategies and use cases to demonstrate network performance and features compliance.
• Design, Document Support the introduction of new network platforms or services into the production datacenter environment.
• Design, develop and execute testing to validate device, network, and service feature compliance.
• Working with vendors to maintain hardware and software roadmaps
• Design, develop and support software frameworks around testing automation and device management.
• Work collaboratively with both internal and external teams to support the product development life cycle.
• Write effective test plans and use cases to demonstrate performance or feature requirements.
• 4-year degree in computer science, electrical engineering, electronics, or related field, or the equivalent in experience.
• Knowledge of systems architecture and networking with a focus on building solutions using open source technologies.
• Highly proficient and hands on experience in the following inter networking technologies IPv4/IPv6, BGP/MBGP, MPLS, L2VPN, L3VPN, L2 switching, VxLAN.
• Experience with the following Perl, Bash, Expect, Python
• Familiarity with network hardware test equipment (IXIA or Spirent) and software tools such as tcpdump and wireshark.
• Linux system administration such as Fedora, CentOS, or Red Hat Linux.
• Software Automation Tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, or Puppet.
• Virtualization experience — having built virtual environments using KVM, VMWare, or cloud computing using OpenStack