You will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties, including research, review and redline NDAs, and process legal documents. You will interface with Sales personnel, and manage our contracts management database, and provide legal support as requested. This is not a one-function position. Depending on your interests and motivation, you will have the chance to broaden your skills set. Position reports to the GC.
- Implement and manage contracts database.
- Implement process improvement of day-to-day operations and workflows as legal interface to Sales.
- Organize and maintain documents in paper and/or electronic filing systems.
- Flexible team-player with ability to balance multiple projects and instructions often with competing deadlines.
- Assist Intellectual Property team with managing and maintaining intellectual property records.
- Assist with drafting of certain agreements using approved department templates, such as NDAs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Very detailed oriented. Ownership and pride in word product.
- Ability to work independently while functioning in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company information.
- Ability to research state and federal corporate codes and laws, and other areas as requested.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university; and at least 2 years of demonstrated experience in practicing law.
- Licensed to practice law in any state.
- Knowledge of Lexis, Westlaw, EDGAR, Diligent and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Commissioned as a Notary Public is a bonus.