WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as champion of BCG contracting and risk management standards;
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide array of commercial agreements, including global master services agreements, other client and procurement agreements, licensing agreements, subcontractor and partnership agreements and nondisclosure agreements;
- Be experienced in quickly and independently drafting legal documents;
- Implement and help to develop and champion BCG contracting and other policies and processes and provide assistance to seek approvals on deviations of contract or other policies;
- Provide general counseling and management of a full spectrum of business and legal issues, which, in addition to licensing and intellectual property matters, may include transaction structuring and support, human resources and employment matters, data protection, competition law and trade regulations, and conflicts of interests;
- Identify risks and issues; suggest alternative solutions;
- Team successfully across BCG and integrate fully into BCG’s Global Legal Team to resolve or support resolution of complex legal issues;
- Act as bridge and point of contact between functions and business for resolving legal issues;
- Contribute to developing and maintaining Legal Team know-how and templates;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Superior analytical skills and creative problem solving ability, with an appreciation for striking a practical balance between business and legal objectives;
- Talent for absorbing new skill sets and areas of expertise quickly and comfortably and the flexibility to deal with a diverse international set of clients and advisors;
- The ability to quickly comprehend complex sets of international laws and regulations and interpret those laws within the context of BCG’s global policies; and
- A positive, dynamic, client-focused approach to legal practice.
- Perform successfully and produce results in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, client-oriented environment.
- Be a pragmatic, high-energy professional, with personal and professional self-confidence.
- Have the interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships throughout a loosely structured organization.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Graduate degree (J.D.) in Law from an accredited law school and admitted to practice;
- 5-8 years of commercial contracting experience with international exposure;
- 3+ years with a reputable law firm preferable; prior relevant in-house experience preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- English fluency.