AMAG is a pharmaceutical company focused on bringing innovative products to patients with unmet medical needs. The company does this by leveraging its development and commercial expertise to invest in and grow its pharmaceutical products across a range of therapeutic areas, including women’s health.
Headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, we have the infrastructure of an established company with the soul of a start-up and a culture that values independent thinking. Every day the people at AMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families. Whether we are developing and bringing to market innovative treatment options, driving condition awareness or providing educational and adherence tools, we always ask the question “How can we help even more people who are suffering from this medical condition?”
AMAG’s core values — accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused — provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Where others see challenge we see opportunity, combining our perseverance and expertise to overcome any obstacles that stand in the way of advancing the health and well-being of those we serve.
AMAG has a two-pronged approach to bringing innovative solutions to patients with unmet medical needs:
• Investing in the development of our clinical programs and the growth of our current commercial products
• Building our product portfolio through collaboration, partnership and acquisition
We have a diverse and growing portfolio of products that span a variety of therapeutic areas.
Act as a highly engaged, strategic business partner for impassioned commercial product teams
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a pragmatic legal partner who thoughtfully analyzes risk and effectively communicates solutions-oriented advice
• Work collaboratively with clients and other stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
Provide day-to-day advice regarding promotional materials, commercial communications, and medical and scientific communications, including serving on promotional and medical review committees
• Partner with the business to negotiate vendor agreements and other contracts
Advise on the sales and marketing organizations’ engagements with healthcare professionals, including review of business rationale and fair market value assessments
• Provide advice and training to client groups on corporate policies, FDA and HHS rules and regulations, the False Claims Act, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the PhRMA code
• Closely align with peers to provide consistent advice across the company
• Offer flexibility to support a dynamic business, including willingness to work on other legal matters
• Juris Doctorate with outstanding academic record
• Minimum 7 of years of relevant experience, with at least 3 years in-house at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
• Seasoned attorney with strong interpersonal skills and experience advising commercial product teams through product launches
• Enthusiasm, sense of urgency, and ability to work independently and prioritize heavy workload
• Strong communication skills and experience effectively collaborating with internal clients
• Negotiation and contracting experience
• Experience with FDA regulations, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the False Claims Act • Excellent business judgment • Accountability and integrity