Provides legal assessments, interpretations, recommendations, and representation on corporate policies and issues in compliance with federal, state, county, and municipal statutes, regulations, and other legal authority. Represents the company in judicial and regulatory forums. Provides legal advice on the interpretation of statutes, regulations, legal opinions, and corporate policies. Reviews and recommends application of corporate policies to protect the company’s interests and objectives. Prepares and reviews legal documents. Assists in the oversight of outside legal counsel as appropriate.
- Provide legal assessments, interpretations, recommendations, and representation on a wide range of legal issues involving federal, state, county, and municipal statutes, regulations and other legal authority, as well as corporate policies.
- Represent the company in judicial, regulatory or administrative proceedings in federal, state and local forums.
- Draft and revise all forms of legal documents including contracts, pleadings, data requests, data request responses, testimony, regulatory documents, reports, and presentations.
- Provide counsel and legal advice on the interpretation of statutes, regulations, legal opinions, and corporate policies.
- Develop and present recommendations to senior management within the organizational unit and the company regarding courses of action to ensure compliance with applicable legal authority and minimize legal risks.
- Assists in the oversight of outside legal counsel.
- Recommend application of corporate policies and legal controls to protect the company’s interests and objectives.
- Deliver high quality work product on a timely basis to the company’s business units.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an accredited law school as well as the successful completion of the Bar exam in one or more states in which the company conducts business, or capable of becoming licensed in such states.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a law firm or the equivalent combination of law firm and/or related internship experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to assess implications of proposed actions/arguments and respond appropriately in private and public forums.
- Knowledge of research and analysis techniques and application of federal, state, and local government laws and regulations.
- Project management and leadership skills, including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver commitments.
- A combination of law firm and corporate experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in energy law is a plus.